March 30, 2012

Art Show

We had an art show at our school. Everyone had work in the show. We had two pieces of work; we each made a songbird out of earth clay and drew bird cages with oil pastels and golden paint. We did our work in art class with our art teacher, and we listened carefully to directions. We looked at photographs of birds to see what they looked like and what colors to use. 

The art show was at night. We came back to school with our families. We showed our parents our artwork, had snacks, and got our faces painted. It was fun and exciting!







6 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow! Great work everyone! The birds are amazing, Brooke perched hers on the window where it is nice and sunny!
Happy April to everyone,
Kate + Brooke

Marguerite said...

Dear Starfish,
Fabulous artwork! I like all of the different colors - you are so creative.
Thank you for sharing. It's cool that I can see your artwork all the way from Chile.
I hope you start hearing songbirds outside and getting some spring weather in Maine!
Love,
Miss Paterson

Our Classroom Family said...

Dear Ms. Paterson,
We don't have spring yet, but thank you. Today it's 46F, and it feels chilly outside. But we are hearing birds singing.
What is the weather in Chile?
Love,
The Starfish

Marguerite said...

Dear Starfish,
It's pretty warm here in Chile. It's chilly in the morning when I wake up, but it's about 75 F in the afternoon!
Love,
Miss Paterson

Anonymous said...

Great Art Work Starfish, I loved the Art Show, I told all my friends that I had been to the best art show, ever! Emma's earth clay bird has a special spot in my office. You all continue to AMAZE me! ~Em's Mom

Anonymous said...

You all did such a nice job with your art work. It is nice that you had a show! Hope you had fun.

Mrs. Staples